Monday, November 7, 2016

NCAAF Ratings after Week 10

NCAA Football Top 25 Rankings
Updated: Week 10, 7 NOV 2016
(Delta Calc'd from Week 9, 31 OCT 2016)
Some of these rankings my surprise you, but keep in mind that there is no bias towards any team or preconceived notions, and the only thing considered is what each team has accomplished so far.



(For those viewing from a phone, tap the rankings and rotate to enlarge)

Notes:
  • Western Michigan drops out of my Top 10, but not because of a loss... rather everyone else is simply playing higher quality opponents and "passing" Western Michigan up.
  • The Buckeyes climb another spot, into my Top 4 with a win against #22 Nebraska.
  • Undefeated Washington is at #5. OSU is the only team with a loss ranked above the Huskies. Why is that? For starters, Strength of schedule. Again, I will emphasize that SoS is an output of my ratings, not an input... but it does give a clue as to why the ratings ended up as they did. The Buckeyes have the #16 SoS, while Washington's ranks #86. Despite the loss, Ohio State has accomplished more this season than Washington.
  • .UNC cracks my Top 10 for the first time this season, boasting wins over #13 FSU, #40 Pitt, #43 Miami
  • Appalachian State is up to #37... look out michigan!
  • Top 10 // Top 25  Teams for each conferences:
    • ACC: 2// 5
    • Big Ten: 4// 5
    • Big 12: 0// 2
    • Pac 12: 1// 5
    • SEC: 3// 6
Poll Comparison


  • ((Updated to include the College Football Playoff Rankings, which aren't released until Tuesday))
  • The AP and Coaches polls are trying really hard for the Big 12... ranking Oklahoma and West Virginia in the top 10.
    • According to my ratings, West Virgina is 18th (most notable win against #45 BYU) and Oklahoma is 25th (most notable win against #52 TCU)
  • Also, Penn St climbs higher in my ratings (7th) and see a big jump from ~20th in the AP and Coaches poll to 12th and 14th, respectively
  • Another difference is that I still have Louisville just outside my Top 10 at #11, while the AP and Coaches polls have UL at #5 and #6. Both the AP and the Coaches have undefeated Washington ahead of the Buckeyes. However, my ratings put the Buckeyes at #4.

As always, please leave questions/comments below! If you would like to see more than just the Top 25, or any ratings for Div I-AA, Div-II, or Div-III, just let me know!

No comments:

Post a Comment