Sunday, November 26, 2017

NCAAF 2017 Rankings after Week 13

NCAA Football Top 25 Rankings
Updated: Week 13, 26 NOV 2017
(Delta Calc'd from Week 12, 19 NOV 2017)
Some of these rankings my surprise you, but keep in mind that there is no bias towards any team or preconceived notions, and the only thing considered is what each team has accomplished so far.






(For those viewing from a phone, tap the rankings and rotate to enlarge)

My rankings aside for a moment (looking at the CFP rankings only): Can Ohio State make the playoffs?
Yes, it is possible. Actually, I argue that is what should happen in my latest post here

Ratings Notes:
  • Wisconsin moves up to the #1 spot after defeating #75 Minnesota (and Miami losing). Wisconsin is 12-0 and needs a win in the Big Ten title game against #9 Ohio State to remain in my Top 4.
  • Clemson rises to #2 and needs to defeat #10 Miami in the ACC championship game to remain in my Top 4.
  • UCF takes advantage of 2 of my 3 three losing last week to climb to #3. A win against #16 Memphis would most likely solidify their spot in my Top 4.
  • #4 Auburn moves up 6 spots after defeating #7 Alabama. Georgia remains at #5 after taking care of #49 Georgia Tech. The winner of the Auburn/Georgia matchup in the SEC title game will secure their spot in the Top 4.
  • Oklahoma is at #6 and needs a win in the Big 12 championship game (against #17 TCU) and likely needs one of the top 3 teams to also lose to get in my Top 4.
  • Alabama fell 4 spots to #7 after their loss to Auburn. Without another game to play, they will likely remain out of my Top 4.
  • Notre Dame also fell 4 spots after losing to #12 Stanford. Similar to Alabama, ND will not have the opportunity to play another game to get back into my Top 4.
  • #9 Ohio State defeats #23 michigan for the sixth straight year, moving up 2 spots. The Buckeyes need a win in the Big Ten championship game and a lot of other losing to get into my Top 4. 
  • Miami fell 9 spots to #10. Even with a win against Clemson, I project that they will not make it back into my Top 4. There is just too much of a rating difference to make up in one week.
  • Notable Conference Championship Matchups (rankings shown reflect my current standings):
    • #1 Wisconsin vs #9 Ohio State
    • #2 Clemson vs #10 Miami
    • #3 UCF vs #16 Memphis
    • #4 Auburn vs #5 Georgia
    • #6 Oklahoma vs #17 TCU
    • #11 USC vs #12 Stanford
  • Top 10 // Top 25  Teams for each conference:
    • ACC: 2 // 4 
    • Big Ten: 2 // 7
    • Big 12: 1 // 3
    • Pac 12: 0 // 4
    • SEC: 3 // 4
Poll Comparison


Conference Comparison

As always, please leave questions/comments below! If you would like to see more than just the Top 25, or any ratings for Div I-AA, Div-II, or Div-III, just let me know!

No comments:

Post a Comment